Thursday, April 26, 2012

Long. Hard. Journey.

It has been 


A


Long. Hard. Journey.


It has caused MANY painful memories to be relived.  


Often times it has left hurt, resentment and shame embedded on my heart.


I have shed a river's worth of tears.


I still have moments, however fleeting, where I think of using. 
I don't want to! I won't!  
It's that damn addiction devil on my shoulder, whispering LIES into my ear!


I have days filled with physical pain and others full of the emotional scar tissue of my past. 
Sometimes both!


I still have using dreams...a lot actually.  But now - I wake up RELIEVED that they aren't real.


I am working through forgiving myself and the courage to make amends to those I have harmed.


I daily long for things I know I deserve.  My own place, more time with YaYa, a better life!


********************************


It has been 


A


Long. Hard. Journey.


It has given me many rewards.


I have a REnewed relationship with my beautiful Daughter.


My family gives me so much love and support.


I get to wake up each new day with a purpose!


I live my life for today - 24 hours at a time!


I am HONEST and OPEN and WILLING!


I am Alive & I know GOD loves me and saved me for a reason!


I am Grateful!


I get to SMILE and Laugh again! 
















*******************************


It has been 





Long. Hard. Journey.


and 


Honestly worth EVERY step!






Happy 10 months Clean to me - Friday April 27th!   YES!








Thanks for the continued love and Support!  It means EVERYTHING to me!



2 comments:

  1. Beautiful, just beautiful! You are a strong woman, love you and proud of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a long road but so is life in general, but worth every minute. When you can look in to your child's eyes and see their love...pain is optional!

    ReplyDelete