Thursday, April 12, 2012

My Ya-Ya!




In the past I have been grateful for friends, family, life, good books, my favorite TV shows, etc.

Today I am grateful for SO MUCH MORE!

I am regaining the things that I had lost...FAMILY, FRIENDS, a relationship with my beautiful daughter which is not (as I had feared) that much different than what it used to be.

My Ex (Nadia's Father) offered me last week to take my beautiful Ya-Ya for some time during her spring break!  My "inner circle" knows how rare and unexpected this request was.  I relished in my time with her...laughing, joking, and snuggling.  Our relationship (much to my surprise) has not suffered in time spent apart.

This week, he had to go out of town.  He offered me FIRST opportunity to spend that time with her. Getting her off to school and popping over for lunch at her school was common place to me - 3 years ago.

Now I get to do it again!

She introduced me to friends and her teacher.  We laughed and giggled on the playground about "Mrs. Polar Bear" the "mean lady" on the playground who relishes in scolding the children for things that are COMMON PLACE!  For swinging "the wrong way!"  I kicked the soccer ball and played hopscotch!  It filled my heart with a magical fullness.

My girl and I.

We share the same spirit.

 I am forever grateful to God for giving me back my life.  Grateful for showing me what REALLY matters.  For loving me and MY GIRL enough to let us have a future and a relationship built on LOVE, TRUST, and a COMMON LOVE for LIFE!

I heard over and over again these past two days "Nadia is SO NICE, she is nice to EVERYONE."  and  " She is kind and loving and giving to all."

I know I must have done SOMETHING right those years before my addiction took hold.  I see it in her eyes and in her HEART.

I love you beautiful girl....Nadia Astrid Moss, you are my EVERYTHING!

In the words I used o sing to her as a babe....

" I love my Nadia
She's a good girl
I love my Nadia
She's my WHOLE WORLD!"

I love you MORE THAN BREATHIN' beautiful girl!

xoxo
Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment